Wednesday, February 6, 2013

THE CEDRA SESSIONS ⋙ FOXYGEN











I first heard Foxygen as I was cruising to work, the radio blasting through my stock stereo system in my sporty Subaru (such a cliche). I fumbled for my phone so I could "shazam" it before it vanished from my life forever. My first thought was, "....really...Foxygen?". I mean it's not the most dynamic band name, but the tune was catchy enough for me to do some digging. Turns out they are getting a lot of attention from people that know music. SpinPitchfork, and Sterogum to name a few. Foxygen is the Los Angeles-bred songwriting duo of Sam France (vocals) and Jonathan Rado (guitar/keyboards). Both are a young 22 years old, yet their sound has a 6o's feel to it. A little bit Belle & Sebastian at times. Other moments a little psychedelic. Sometimes trying to define a genre for a band is harder than describing the intricacies of a fine wine. And it often sounds ridiculous. So take a listen for yourself. The new album, We Are The 21st Century Ambassadors of Peace & Magic, was just released at the end of January this year. For more information, downloads, news, videos, and to order the new LP go to www.jagjaguwar.com

Brought to you by Mary Cedra of The Cedra Sessions ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips